Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Response to a Digital Portrait: "Virginia"
The teacher in this portrait is great! I love this quote: "Technology should improve our lives, not take away from our lives. I was amazed to hear that Facebook was affecting her complexion and eating habits. I was even more amazed to hear that Virginia gave up time on the computer because of those reasons. She also brings up a great point that rural America becomes mainstream due to technology. I also love that Virginia is teaching kids younger than her and teaching them technology safety, this is way more affective from an older peer. Once again we see this balance between technology and the "outside world." All good things in moderation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
I was really amazed to see that spedning too much time on the internet was actually resulting in harmful physical symptoms. I think it takes a lot of maturity from a middle school student to recognize that th ecomputer have having a negative impact on her life, and to actually take a break and then limit herself to how much time she spent on the internet. I agree with you that it is nice to see a student educate younger students on not only being safe on the internet, but with any other form of technology. It really is more meaningful coming from an older peer. When my daughter was in the third grade, they had some middle school students come and help them learn how to use Garage Band and they recorded songs that they all composed about the skeletal system. My daughter has a blast and still uses Garage Band today, now that she plays the guitar and has begun to write her own songs and music.
ReplyDelete